[0.50b] Firearms V3 (As suggested by YetiChow)

Post here your released mods

[0.50b] Firearms V3 (As suggested by YetiChow)

Postby Dwimmer » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi Everyone!

I saw YetiChow's post about basic firearms. So, I got excited, and made a mod for it. Of course, it isn't finished yet, and naturally, is pretty sweet. 'Cause you get to shoot things.

Special Thanks-

YetiChow- Idea, Graphics, Testing

Jontis_00- General Help

Colombo- Testing, General Help

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crafting

Cotton

Cotton is the basis of Firearms. It provides the primer for Minie balls, and in V4, a substitute material for vanity items.

Cotton comes in several phases- Planting, combing, and actually crafting. Cotton plants also take a while to grow.

Cotton plants are found in the wild in all environments except the desert and snow areas. These plants are harvested for a bundle of cotton, which can be pulled through the cotton comb to make nice flammable cotton.

NOTE- You can only harvest wild cotton by right clicking > harvest. Planted cotton can be harvested regularly.

Cotton is then taken to the explosives bench, where Minie balls are made.

--------------------------------------------------
This is an everything graph, showing the hierarchy in which things are made.

--------------------------------------------------

Gunpowder, Minie balls, and reloading weapons

Gunpowder comes in two forms, charged, and regular. Regular gunpowder is made using a piece of coal, and sulphur at a Powder Mixer. Sulphur is found as commonly as copper. Charged gunpowder is made using the same recipe, only with a piece of red gel.

Minie balls are made using one iron bar, one pile of gunpowder, and one bag of cotton at the explosives bench. Same can be done for charged Minie balls, but with charged gunpowder. Minie balls can then be used in the firearms crafting process.

Reloading is a very useful function, allowing for almost empty firearms to be reloaded. Have your Townie drop the firearm, and right click. An option called 'Reload' should pop up. Click that. You will need a spare bag of Minie balls, charged Minie balls for the Snyper rifle.

Firearms

Firearms are the heart of the mod. Each gun has its own crafting recipe, as listed below.

Flintloque- The Flintloque is made with a log of wood, two bars of iron, one shard of flint, and a bag of Minie balls. Made at the Foundry and Gunsmith.

Musket- The Musket is made using a Flintloque, two bars of iron, and a bag of charged Minie balls. Made at the Foundry and Gunsmith.

Snyper Rifle- The Snyper Rifle is made with a Musket, a block of glass, and a bar of copper. Made at the Foundry and Gunsmith.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation

1) Download the current version

2) Put graphics.ini directly in your Towns folder. Select "Copy and Replace" if Windows asks you.

3) Drag and drop the .xml files into Towns\data\. Select "Copy and Replace" if Windows asks you.

4) Find the graphics folder located in Towns\data\graphics. Replace ui.png with the one in Firearms_V3.zip, as well as drag in Firearms.png.

<!-- The mod code is always at the bottom of the files, 'cept the menus -->

------------------------------------------------------------------

Downloads

Version 3 (Current)
V2 Modloader
V2
V1

------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog

V3- Overhauled EVERYTHING. Took a while to make. Added new crafting recipies, Minie balls, gunpowder, sulphur, cotton, gunsmith, explosives bench, and a foundry.
V2- Balanced out the flintloque, added musket, added snyper rifle. Added graphics. (Yetichow) Added great descriptions. Modloader compatible thanks to Jontis.
V1- Added overpowered Flintloque. That's pretty much it. No pixel art (yet).
Last edited by Dwimmer on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:14 am, edited 23 times in total.
Hats, hats for everyone. (And Firearms)
Dwimmer

Re: [0.47b] Firearms V1 (Suggested by YetiChow)

Postby Jontis_00 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:19 pm

Dwimmer wrote:Oh yeah, sorry, forgot to take that out.
I like the crates mod :3

I am sorry btw for pointing it out every time you do something wrong xD
My Mods: 13 000+ downloads!

Check out and help test the new Creative Mod Reloaded.
Jontis_00

Postby Dwimmer » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:21 pm

As for the hundreds of changes, spanish was messing up items.xml so that it wouldn't compile. So yeah.

And don't worry 'bout it, it helps me learn.
Get me my edumacation.
Last edited by Dwimmer on Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dwimmer

Postby YetiChow » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:21 am

I'm glad someone likes my idea enough to mod it in. If you'd like, I already had some ideas to make some of the guns more interesting (such as damage balancing for a start - 18000 is more than three times what you're likely to face on a Burning Pet, and you don't seem to have slowed the reload time... ), but of course that's totally up to you :D

If you have a graphics program I could make you some graphics, however I don't have a program which handles transperancy. I'd have to do it in MS paint and leave the backrougnd white; you could then cut and paste using a "magic wand" feature or even just an area select and set up a transparent background. I would naturally make a nice obvious boundary you could follow.

If you asked Nemeca or Effix they might be able to do the whole graphics instead. I know Nemeca is happy to help with this kind of stuff, and of course Jontis knows his way around the graphics.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby Dwimmer » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:19 pm

Yeah, man, I just wanted to get something out there before I continue. I promise to get up to the Clockwyrk pistol by the 21st.

It'd be great if you could do the pixel art. (hugs)
Dwimmer

Postby bobboy555 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:19 pm

I made a few Placeholder graphics (Thy aren't very good) because I was bored.
The Flintloque:
The Musket:
And the Clockwyrk Repeater:

Also, the Flintloque needs a LOW attack (accuracy) so it doesn't hit every time, and the Damage needs a debuff to 3000 (or so) so it doesn't hit like a train. Make sure the Musket has a higher attack and damage and give the Clockwyrk Repeater a LOW attack but same damage as Flintloque (but obviously the 6x speed).
I really did order her to kill her husband for kicking a puppy - muffins
People make smart words here.
bobboy555

Postby YetiChow » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:04 am

bobboy555 wrote:I made a few Placeholder graphics (Thy aren't very good) because I was bored.
The Flintloque:
The Musket:
And the Clockwyrk Repeater:

Also, the Flintloque needs a LOW attack (accuracy) so it doesn't hit every time, and the Damage needs a debuff to 3000 (or so) so it doesn't hit like a train. Make sure the Musket has a higher attack and damage and give the Clockwyrk Repeater a LOW attack but same damage as Flintloque (but obviously the 6x speed).

I've been working on some graphics for this mod myself, the issue is getting the townies to look like they're aiming the guns instead of just holding them out in front of themselves. I have a decent looking flintloque so far, but the musket is proving a pain. If you have any idea how to make it look better I'm open to suggestions.

Also, we're working on balancing the weapons, but it will be along the lines you are suggesting. I was actually thinking more like 500 ATK and 2500 damage for the basic flintloque and the same damage for the musket and 1000 ATK. There's also a Snyper-scoped musket with 2000 ATK and 3000 DMG; all of these have attack speed . The Clockwyrk Repeater is the same as a flintloque that has attack speed 10, but requires 10 flintloques (for 10 barrels) plus extra materials and a clock.

Dwimmer and I are collaborating on this mod, but we're happy to have help if you want to be a part.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby bobboy555 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:36 am

Meh, I can't get my head around a code and art is completely beyond me, I'm sure you'll do great on your own.
I really did order her to kill her husband for kicking a puppy - muffins
People make smart words here.
bobboy555

Postby knight133 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:44 am

defiantly add cannons, and muskets too
knight133

Postby Dwimmer » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:15 am

Yeah, everything comes with time.You'll just have to wait and see =D
Last edited by Dwimmer on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dwimmer

Next

Return to Released mods