selling ITES to military merchant

Post your mods and custom content here

selling ITES to military merchant

Postby Rezznor » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:04 pm

I am looking to sell the ITES themselves to a merchant, but when I add the various ITEs to the <buys> list, the entire section of buyable items in the game disappears. Are they unsellable, or should be listed as or some variation of ites.direite? I have tried a couple different variations but can't get the correct one.

For i.e. -
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<caravans>
   <materials>
      <buys>burnite,direite,ghoulite,goblinite,hobgoblinite,ogreite,snickerite,spiderite,zombite</buys>
   </materials>
</caravans>
Rezznor

Re: selling ITES to military merchant

Postby YetiChow » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:18 am

Rezznor wrote:I am looking to sell the ITES themselves to a merchant, but when I add the various ITEs to the <buys> list, the entire section of buyable items in the game disappears. Are they unsellable, or should be listed as or some variation of ites.direite? I have tried a couple different variations but can't get the correct one.

For i.e. -
<caravans>
   <materials>
      <buys>burnite,direite,ghoulite,goblinite,hobgoblinite,ogreite,snickerite,spiderite,zombite</buys>
   </materials>
</caravans>

I'm not well versed in the new modloader... but I have a feeling that what you've done isn't adding the ites to the list, but replacing the list altogether.

I remember (hazily :lol:) there being an issue with the "merge" function not working for caravans. If I understand it correctly, what you have to do is use the "replace" function and copy the existing list into the replacement list, then replace the old list with [old list + new additions].

Also, I think that "replace" is the default function used when no function is specified. In other words, you should just be able to add all the weapons and armour to the list you have... although that would lead to incompatibilities with other mods which mod the caravans; whichever mod loads last would overwrite the other one so if another mod adds a new weapon, and adds it to the caravan list, then it wouldn't play nicely with your mod...

It's definitely not ideal, IDK if Xavi has any plans on how to fix/improve it but the suggestion has already gone around. There's a similar problem with menus (again, I should say I seem to remember); and that makes tweaking the existing game items pretty hard if you want to re-arrange how they're made.

One alternative work-around for the meantime would actually be to list the ites as weapons, under say the Special Weapons subtype. That *should* just change them where the game looks for them, not how they work... in theory, it would mean that they're automatically added to the list (since adding a "type" to the list makes everything in that type be added to the list). However, if someone tried to equip an ite as a weapon... yeah, that would cause problems :lol: As ever, if you do want to try the off-the-wall solution, make sure you back up first.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:04 am

try this

<caravans>
   <materials>
      <buys>rawmaterials.colors,rawmaterials.hides,rawmaterials.materials,rawmaterials.misc,decorative.special,ites</buys>
   </materials>
</caravans>

is the item types not the actual items themselves , all i did was add ,ites to the end of the buys line
BlueSteelAUS

Postby Rezznor » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:09 am

Thanks. Just putting ites did it. And your right, it overwrote the list, so I have to leave all the items in and just add 'ites'. Thanks guys.
Rezznor

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:11 am

Glad to help
BlueSteelAUS

Postby YetiChow » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:05 am

BlueSteelAUS wrote:Glad to help

ditto :)

It's probably also a good idea to consider packaging the mod up and releasing it, assuming that there isn't an equivalent mod out there... I know it has at least been tried before, but I have a feeling that such mods would be out of date. Anyway, a look through the released mods forum would sort that question out, and if there isn't a viable option already, then I'm sure it would be appreciated.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby Haggy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:07 am

My English is bad. Sorry, but this will not Change.

Schreib einfach in deutsch zurück ;)

Haggys Mod Comp.
Haggy

Postby YetiChow » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:07 pm

Haggy wrote:ITE Caravan:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8778

good spot - like I said, my memory isn't 100% :lol:

That's mod is a slightly more elegant solution, since it adds a whole new caravan rather than editing the existing one - much less potential for conflict or incompatibility.
YetiChow

Postby Jzhyrone » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:10 am

Yeah! great! job well done dude! :D 8-)
Jzhyrone

Return to Modding