Atoning Unifex wrote:I've just come across something odd with this. I rebuilt all my storage years and discovered that my townies also moved all my dig sites into storage too!
Would adding the <glue> tag in the item entries prevent them from being moved later?
Alternate digging mechanism suggestion:
I came up with this idea while trying to do other stuff (ahem... eh.. making carpentry desks have a chance to spew useless sawdust when somebody is working on it...)
1) Instead of attaching the picks to digsites, make digsites similar to just designations (i.e. we can still throw in a wood or two to account for preparation like maybe a sign post or a fence etc).
2) picks are still prerequisite items but they limit the total number of miners which doesn't matter what the miners actually mine
3) Mining instead is done by creating a "mining" version of the dig sites (which can have different graphics to be more interesting) where it will spawn a random number (suggest just 0-2) ore within a short time before maxAging back to the inactive digsites
4) The whole digging process is thus as follow:
- pick up a pick (pun not intended)(can be any pick that is suitable for the digsite. suggest limit to stone, copper and iron. silver and gold picks are just too fantastic)
- move to a digsite (the idle version)
- use replaceCellItem to replace the digsite to the mining version
- wait (at least long enough such that the digsite maxAges back)
- the actual queue ends here. But the pick in the citizen's hand will be preserved and probably dropped somewhere.
What this method achieves:
- more realistic use of tools (picks). In fact, the picks can be made a more general tool that may support other action types.
- separate designation of digsites from ability to actually mine from it (we can designate 10 digsites but without a pick..... But if we have a single pick, we will be able to mine from any digsite, though just 1 at a time)
- digsite mining production is random. (ideal if it can be tuned to spawn 1 ore at a time, but with chances of spawning no ore or 2 ore rarely)
Interesting to note is that if the area around digsite is congested by items, the ore will not spawn properly (kinda make sense, though not intended) which will encourage players to try to keep their digsites tidied, and also desigate digsites spaced apart (a digsite totally surrounded by 8 other digsites will not produce any ore as there is no space!)
As a side issue, I've created a DIY mod which allows creation of markers and non-destructive (no items will ever be destroyed) manual moving of raw material items to somewhere near the markers. This can work together with the above method such that the player can manually clear the are near digsites if necessary. (even more useful if a mass move custom action, which works like the mass harvest/chop/cut commands in the bottom menu can be added)
Hope there is something useful in here you could use
Side note: I was actually thinking whether I can use this method for a fishing mod as well, but I don't have a way to check for adjacency to rivers/lakes
Users browsing this forum: UltimateBardock and 1 guest