Postby Yurii_asdfg » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:04 pm

root element is
<items></items>
Yurii_asdfg

Re: [HELP] Furniture Storage mod

Postby warlocke » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:32 pm

Yurii_asdfg wrote:root element is
<items></items>

Doh, knew it was a simple mistake, Ok now. one more quetion, what is the icon for furniture on the matspanel? looking in menu_right i am seeing ui_rfurniture but that is now crashing game,

if I use icon_mats_mats it works fine but shows the icon of the raw mats but displays furniture. and everything works. (getting close) what I want is the table icon from the right menu.
warlocke

Postby warlocke » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:37 pm

I think I found where the Icon info is stored, looking through graphics.ini right now.
warlocke

Postby warlocke » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:56 pm

got the icon, now to get all the furniture types to show up on the mats panel. I am assuming that will be resetting all types IE beds, cupboards, chairs and tables to type "furniture" not furniture.beds, etc.. right?
warlocke

Postby warlocke » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:13 pm

figured it out, gotta add all types to the matspanel file.
warlocke

Postby Project 06 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:36 pm

Removed Post.
Last edited by Project 06 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Project 06

Postby warlocke » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:50 pm

I am actually using bluesteels mod in my game so I am copying files from the items.xml I am using, I am trying to contact him for permission to publish this as well as to include in his mod pack, but I have the item working fine. now its just a matter of adding the proper item types and setting the right display icon and such. then as suggested in this thread, I will make a wall barrel for the construction caravan.

This is my first mod attempt in years, the last game I modded was Serious Sam 2. That was a long time ago so I figured this would be a decent challange to take on.
warlocke

Postby YetiChow » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:07 am

Well done getting your first mod sorted, and welcome to the club :) Your imaginary modding club jacket is shipping as we speak (I really need to find a good picture I can use for that gag :lol:)

If BlueSteel is busy, you could try contacting LittleMikey - he could at least get an integrated version going for test purposes, and then Bluesteel can just sign off on the inclusion when he's next on.

It's great to see new faces in the modding forum; onward and upward we go :)
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:01 am

I've already replied to their PM ;) ,

To Everyone interested in writing mods for Towns++

Yes you can write mods to extend / edit Towns++ . What you CAN'T do is edit and redistribute the full files. This is because i have permission from several people (other modders both graphic and codding) that have allowed me to merge (not just add , change things so that they work well with Towns++). I actually encourage people to write mods that can be added to Towns++ , then they could have one or two versions of their mod , (depending on the changes in the mod itself to fit into towns++) one for Towns++ and one for the original. If I like what i see and don't think that it quite fits in , then I'll ask you if i may edited your mod for inclusion with my changes into the official Towns++ mod, you'd be credited along with others hat have had their input included.

with all that being said. i will not allow bits of Towns++ being split and put into Towns without special permission (very rarely given) A lot of hard work and time has gone onto Towns++ over the years and I certainly don't want it being poached, You can use the code to learn to write your own mods but please make your end mods different to mine (*not just size or values)unless your writing a tweaking mod for Towns++

To apply mods to Towns++ simply install towns++ on a clean towns install then activate your mods on top via the mods menu. some mods from the original towns work as is, others will require tweaking to fit with existing Towns++ features

Don't forget that any time you Add or remove mods all old save games may not work, even turning off a mod can break saves.
BlueSteelAUS

Postby warlocke » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:10 am

Blue,

That is no problem, I forgot I had copied the vanilla towns files before installing your mod pack, and was just using the items.xml in that, I will go through the vanilla items.xml and go from there. I appreciate your info and insight as well.

Also heres a question for everyone, I have in the works one for furniture (beds, cupboards, etc..) and walls, do you all want one for roads as well? What other ones do you all want?
warlocke

PreviousNext

Return to Modding