3089 + Towns giveaway

Anything other than Towns

3089 + Towns giveaway

Postby supermalparit » Wed May 08, 2013 2:02 am

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21309241/3089townsgiveaway.jpg

Haven't heard of 3089?

3089 is a futuristic 3D action role-playing game set in an endless open & fully procedurally generated world. You are an experimental robot, sent from the Overlord, to the planet Xax to be evaluated in common combat, intel & support scenarios. However, what else exists on the planet that the Overlord doesn't know about? Will you become to powerful to control?

All terrain, quests, robots, weapons & items are randomly generated -- no two games are alike. 3089 features smooth terrain, lots of action, building features & more.

Official site
http://3089game.wordpress.com/

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wQOngIdrk4

To enter to win a free key for 3089, post something you like about the game below.

A key giveaway for Towns run by the 3089 team is coming:
http://www.desura.com/games/3089/forum/thread/towns-key-giveaway
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Re: 3089 + Towns giveaway

Postby Haze » Wed May 08, 2013 2:18 am

3089 is a great idea, setting, movement is smooth, anti-grav & grapling hook are awesome, random world generator is nice.

It's a game I can spend hours playing and questing :)
Haze

Postby fierywater » Wed May 08, 2013 2:50 am

Hadn't heard of the game before now, but the concept is great. I love games with lots of randomly generated elements - keeps things interesting. I'm always surprised by how few games take advantage of things like randomly generated item stats; having those makes every item drop exciting.
fierywater

Postby outersight » Wed May 08, 2013 4:15 am

Da games be good b cause in one you build da buildings and in da othda you fight future :D
outersight

Postby letsmaybeLP92 » Wed May 08, 2013 4:19 am

I played 3079 and thoroughly enjoyed. Very excited for the sequel and wondering what lies ahead.
letsmaybeLP92

Postby fullmetal358 » Wed May 08, 2013 4:39 am

For one the game has shown a huge improvement over its predecessor you see games like call of duty that barely look any different from one another then you take a look at this 3089 and its original game 3079 and you can see the major difference just from a single screenshot everything from the terrain to the weapons have been changed, this is a sequel and it shows the major work that has been put into it.

The game went from a voxel box based environment similar to Minecraft to a full 3D based world with curves and edges to match the randomly generated worlds now look a ton different with these new graphics

There's also the fact that that 3089 manages to be a completely different game from everything else out there from the open world exploration to the questing to the creatures both friendly and hostile they all manage a unique sense to them.

3089 manages to be the perfect example of what sequel should be, not just more of the same but making changes and expanding what it should be and as a fan of 3079 it looks like its sequel satisfies both of those needs

oh and grappling hooks nothing beats travelling around the world with grappling hook :D
fullmetal358

Postby linkthegamer » Wed May 08, 2013 5:34 am

3089 looks like it will be a very fun game. I enjoyed the idea behind the 3079 when i got it in the indie royale alpha funding bundle.

The trailer looks awesome and I am already getting ready to try out the demo on desura. (and downloading the demo that is on the website right now.)

The new smooth terrain looks nice and I love games that use random generation as they provide infinite replay value.

The setting and story sound like they will be great fun.

I like the idea of the game and would love to be able to give it a whirl. ^_^
linkthegamer

Postby tootellj » Wed May 08, 2013 7:39 am

randomly generated + grappling hooks = genius game! going to get this on Desura soon
tootellj

Postby YetiChow » Wed May 08, 2013 8:51 am

You had me at "endlessly open and procedurally generated world"...

I love games which change with every play; and this feature is a horizon of gaming which is still being explored. However, it's obvious that 3089 is already pushing the boundary here, and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I look for new, exciting mechanics and unique content when I pick out games, and 3089 is exactly in that category. Top that off with RP however, and IMO it's a recipe for total immersion - that great gaming frontier where you can play and create a whole life within the game. As people will be able to tell Ihave quite a thing for RP [holds up Dungeon Crawler forum game as example], so the combination of properly freeform worlds and RP is a match made in heaven!
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby tates11 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:20 am

Unique quests, wow.. that sure makes this game interesting... the concept sounds great!
tates11

Next

Return to Off-topic