FPS/Lagging and stopping of game

Help us identify bugs by posting them here

FPS/Lagging and stopping of game

Postby SunlessCountry » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:09 am

So I've been playing the game for a while, and I've encountered my fair share of bugs.

Sys Specs:

CPU: I5 intel processor
RAM: 4gb ram
GPU: Radeon 6850 powercolour http://www.powercolor.com/us/products_features.asp?id=273
Motherboard: Gigabite Z97P-D3 http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4958

The problem:
The game seems to stop and freeze up momentarily, sometimes longer or shorter than previous stops.

Before and after testing:
To make sure this wasn't a spontaneous problem with my hardware I tested some game settings while it lagged.

before it was lagging, I had the min gather height set to -3 (instead of the standard -19) A trader was coming into town.

After I had set the min height to be 0 (to prevent collection of items in dungeon) the game started to lag.
I had also put in a request to trade 400 stone with a trader (Dwarven).

I lowered the AI from 4 to 2 - To no effect
I reduced the automatic orders (which had been the same throughout the last month ingame) - To no effect
I reapplied the height of gathering (from 0 to -3 again) - After a while.. the game stopped freezing up.

Other details:
Townies: 60
orders queued: 290
Building orders: yes
Collection orders: yes
Items on ground: yes
Animal farms: no
Trader: yes (dwarven)
Orders queued with trader: 400

None of these numbers have caused grief before.
-----

Could it be that when there are items available for collection below the minimum gather height, the AI becomes "confused" and the reattempts to grab the items lead it to conflict with the height parameters.
Perhaps if this is the case, a method could be created for the AI to check the height of the object the plan to gather against the map height restrictions before collecting it?

If a developer or mod could review this post and get back to me, that'd be wonderful.
SunlessCountry

Re: FPS/Lagging and stopping of game

Postby SunlessCountry » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:07 am

Quick update:

It seems to occur when you trade stone to traders in some fashion.
SunlessCountry

Return to Bug reports