Hilarious yet kinda frustrating merchant bug

Help us identify bugs by posting them here

Hilarious yet kinda frustrating merchant bug

Postby Badger » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:09 pm

*image made using GifCam, if anyone cares

A rather unusual bug, Arthur keeps trying to sell the red slime to the merchant, but the guy just doesn't want it...

Additional info:

The red slime is no longer in the "trade menu". only 8x green slime, 4x glass and a single bamboo.

I've recently made that stockpile specifically for red slime to help speed up the trading process.

I'll provide my save file if necessary.

Edit: To get around the bug, I simply destroyed the red slime the moment Arthur dropped it, allowing him to sell the other things. Thought I'd let y'all know incase y'all find yourselves in the same situation.

I'm just gonna assume they had some sort of argument.
Badger

Re: Hilarious yet kinda frustrating merchant bug

Postby Jon_jon13 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:57 pm

-Hey, look at this fine red slime we have, wanna buy it?

-Huh... no, thanks.

-Oh, ok, then... Have you seen our good quality red slime? Interested?

-No, not really...

-Okay, okay, give me a sec... Look, I just found this great red slime!

-Listen, I'm seeing you have some green slime over there...

-That's not on sale, I'm sorry... Are you sure you don't need this red slime?
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

Re: Hilarious yet kinda frustrating merchant bug

Postby YetiChow » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:26 am

I've only found this to happen for me when I quit the game (save and exit) with the merchant in my town. I don't know if I've just got lucky with it, but I started making sure to finish trades before exiting and haven't had it happen those times, but the two times I did exit with a trader in town it did happen.

Whatever is cause it seems to be related to the task ordering, it's like the game didn't remember who had the job to sell the final [insert thing to be sold here] so the merchant has their thing but the game still registers one needing to be traded.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Return to Bug reports