Random "x" blocks everywhere

Help us identify bugs by posting them here

Random "x" blocks everywhere

Postby Staggare » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:05 pm

So I have made some 3-block-high walls to keep sieges out (because they were becoming really excessive >.> At least 1 every 20sec, pretty much instantly killing all and any citizens I had... Within the first half year) and now my block makers are, for some reason, not placing the blocks on the third layer of the wall like they're supposed to! And yes, they can get up there, in 4 different spots. So now my bakery and carpentry is absolutely littered and piles 6 blocks high with these "x" blocks when I'm not even building anything within 30 blocks of that area! :|
I can't keep playing the game because it's just wasting all of my wood, and I am not fond of the idea of deleting things for a game... Please fix this or perhaps give me pointers on what's going on!
Thanks, Stag.
Staggare

Re: Random "x" blocks everywhere

Postby Staggare » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:17 am

Still happening. We need a mass-delete button!
Staggare

Postby Jon_jon13 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:47 pm

If they leave the blocks on the ground of the carpentry, it has to be for some reason. Either there's no path available (you could try to check with patrol points I guess?) or for some reason they're trying to put blocks where there's already one (like you put the same order twice somehow...?), but that's really weird.

Some screenshot might help.

Also, a mass-delete function of some sorts (even if it's not delete, but dismantle or something) would be great too, anyway :P
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

Postby YetiChow » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:56 am

I gave a rundown of all the reasons this happens in a similar thread (actually, it's right below this one - not trying to lecture, but the search bar can save you some time; especially when it's an obvious problem like the orders not being completed ;))

http://www.townsgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11137

Hopefully one of the points in there can sort out your issue, I suspect that it's simply that you're ordering a large area of blocks to be placed somewhere that the townies *can* get to but where there aren't any other blocks to support the new ones being built.

Anyway, in that other thread you'll also find ways to avoid having the X blocks altogether :)
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Return to Bug reports