Barrel bugs when hauling materials, foods and raw foods.

Help us identify bugs by posting them here

Barrel bugs when hauling materials, foods and raw foods.

Postby Grandirus » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:42 pm

Hi.
I've noticed a strange bug when citizens are hauling materials, foods and raw foods/materias.
If I had 1 barrel, and 10 wood to haul, the citizens stand still, going one by one to get the woods.
If I had 2 barrels, then two by two, and so on.
I mean, if I want all citizens to work at same time, I need an equal number of barrels.
12 citizens, 12 barrels. For every type of barrel (Raw materials barrel, Raw food barrel and Prepared food barrel).
I supose that the others containers work with the same kind of bug.
I don't know if it is really a bug, but it make some mods (like the one's that increase barrels size) a little useless.
Grandirus

Re: Barrel bugs when hauling materials, foods and raw foods.

Postby Niranufoti » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:51 pm

The point is that (kind of) compley code would be required to make it possible for multiple townies to put something in the same barrel, because if everyone would just try to put the stuff into one barrel, it might end up ten townies putting something in and all other Townies walking to that barrel, and then to the next one, and if that's full too, they'd have to walk to the third one etc. Coding AI isn't the most simple thing to do y'know.
Niranufoti

Postby Grandirus » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:13 pm

I forgot to mention one thing: it's only occurs when the item is placed on the ground. If the townie pick it and don't drop it on the ground, even with one barrel, all of em go to the same barrel and stock. Sorry to forget mention it.
Grandirus

Postby Haggy » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:51 am

This is due to the system command.
Townie receives command: Pick Item, Move to barrel (barrel is locked), put in the barrel, Task End (barrel is Unlocked) ... Next Townie receives the command.

This example is designed for one barrel. Accordingly, but it behaves even with multiple barrels.
In the production of the Items, the barrel is not set to "Locked".

Hope it was some extent understandable.
My English is bad. Sorry, but this will not Change.

Schreib einfach in deutsch zurück ;)

Haggys Mod Comp.
Haggy

Postby Grandirus » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:42 pm

Yep, I understood. I just don't know why, even with one barrel, if they don't left the item on the ground, they go all in the same barrel. But, anyway, my solution was create about 15 barrels for wood, 15 for stone, 15 for the other raw materials, 15 for raw food and 15 for prepared food. Even with 30 townies, they work better. 15 is a good number of barrels, but a town with about 50 townies, this number maybe increased.
Grandirus

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:57 pm

why you need that number of barrels isn't a bug, but the mechanics of the game, same as you can only cook or bake according to how many ovens etc that you have.

if they didn't have barrels that way then everyone would carry stuff to the barrel and in the mean time it could get filled. then they wouldn't be able to complete that order that they received to put stuff into that barrel.
a way around this is to set up a stockpile that stocks those barrels set the barrels and the stockpile to accept those goods. then when the stock pile itself gets too full then you could turn that off then the people will go and try to move those items out of that stockpile into the barrels that are close by because they are in that same stockpile.

its all about thinking and planning ahead, and organizing your resources(cits included) to have them in areas close to where they are needed so that they don't have to walk or be transported as far

eg: imaging you had 1 barrel and over 200 items of that type to be put in there , and you had 100 citizens, 100 people would go and pick up the item and take it to the barrel, and lets day the barrel only held 10 of that item, you would end up with 90 cits standing around with that item all waiting to put it in that barrel and not being able to do anything else. until some of that item gets used out of that barrel and making more room to put the stuff
BlueSteelAUS

Postby Grandirus » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:48 pm

My town is running fine now.
The point of the question I have mentioned is, with a mod that increase from 10 to 200, I only have to make one barrel, instead of make 20 to reach 200 (with no MOD). So, with 1 barrel, and 10 items on the ground, the townies work in this way: one pick the item and transport to the barrel, and so another townie pick another item and transport it, and so on until all ground items are on the barrel. This only make sense if you use a mod that increase barrel capacity.
Sorry to bother you all.
Thanks for the anwsers =)
Grandirus

Return to Bug reports